Happy International Credit Union Day!
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau extends his greetings to all Canadian credit unions on International Credit Union Day: October 20th, 2016.
ICU Day has been celebrated on the third Thursday of October since 1948 and is designed to create awareness and celebrate the ways credit unions improve the lives of their members around the world.
There are more than 57,000 credit unions in the world serving 217 million people in 105 countries.
This year’s theme, “The Authentic Difference,” celebrates what truly makes credit unions unique.
What makes credit unions unique?
· Equal Ownership – Credit unions are democratically controlled and member-owned and operated. Each member has equal ownership and one vote regardless of how much money he or she has in savings.
· Not For Profit – Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that provide a safe, convenient place for members to save money and access loans and other financial services at reasonable rates.
· Social Purpose: People Helping People – Credit unions exist to serve their members, not to make a profit. Every member counts, including those of modest means. This “people-first” philosophy impels credit unions and their employees to get involved in their community and support worthwhile causes.
· Volunteer Leadership – Each credit union is governed by a volunteer board of directors elected by and from the credit union’s membership.
· Financial Education for Members – Credit unions place particular importance on educational opportunities for their members and the public to help everyone become better-educated consumers of financial services.
· Trust – Lately credit unions have received positive press for being trustworthy and resilient institutions during a tumultuous time. Credit union members worldwide can be proud of these accomplishments and rest assured that their money is safe at the credit union.
Visit us from October 17th - October 21st to take part in our week-long ICU Day celebrations! Every day features a different event, so see us in-branch or contact us for more details. Can't make it out to Front Street? You can join in the fun from wherever you are by taking part in our online draw for a delicious prize!
Select Savings: save without thinking!
Fall means sweater weather, pumpkin spiced everything, and Select Savings accounts! With convenient automatic payroll deposits and a rate that's tough to beat, we make it easy to sit back, relax, and watch your savings grow.
Contact us or visit us in-branch to learn more, or click here to download an application.
Introducing MemberOne CU's new Mobile App!
Get instant and secure access to your accounts, pay your bills, transfer money, and even view your balances without logging in - all with the MemberOne Credit Union banking app.
Everyday banking in the palm of your hand, no matter where you are:
- View your account activity and recent transactions
- Manage multiple sub-accounts
- Pay bills now or set up payments for the future
- Scheduled payments: view and edit upcoming bills and transfers
- Transfer money between your sub-accounts or to other Credit Union members
- Use Interac e-Transfer to send money securely via email or text
- Keep track of foreign exchange rates
- Display your balances onscreen, in or out of the app
- Find the nearest branch or ATM using your phone's GPS