Keeping your account safe is only the beginning.
We've implemented Increased Authentication, a feature that provides an additional level of security to your banking experience by employing a second password (in the form of a user-set security question and answer) and a personalized image. Increased Authentication protects you against phishing scams, which aim to steal your passwords and personal information through the use of websites made to look like familiar and trusted companies like credit unions and other financial institutions, and other online fraud activities.
Please note that during this time, your account number and PAC will stay the same! The Increased Authentication feature is implemented on top of the security provided by logging in with your account number and PAC.
If you’d like to move onto the Increased Authentication system at a later date, you will have the option to use the old login system until October 20th, 2015.
We won! Credit unions receive record number of IPSOS Best Banking awards
2015 is proving to be a record year for Canadian credit unions as they garner a best-ever 9 awards, including Overall Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence for the 11th consecutive year, in the annual IPSOS® Best Banking Awards. These results were gathered from a panel size of over 45,000 representing of the general Canadian household population, who rated their experience in dealing with their specific financial institutions based on detailed questions related to each retail banking channel, including in-branch, online, mobile, ATM, and live and automated telephone banking.
In total, credit unions won or placed first in 9 of the following categories:
- 1st Place – Overall Customer Service Excellence (11th consecutive year)
- 1st Place – Branch Service Excellence (11th consecutive year)
- 1st Place – Values My Business (8th consecutive year)
- Winner (tied) – Products & Services Excellence
- Winner (tied) – Financial Planning & Advice (8th consecutive year)
- Winner (tied) – ATM Banking Excellence
- Winner (tied) – Online Banking Excellence
- Winner (tied) – Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (3rd consecutive year)
- Winner (tied) – Automated Telephone Banking Excellence (3rd consecutive year)
“Canadian credit unions remain unique in the ways that they conduct business and serve their [members],” says Martha Durdin, president and CEO of Credit Union Central of Canada. “This is reflected in the very core of daily operations through social responsibility and community outreach programs – and resulted in making credit unions what they are today; the cornerstones of community strength.”
See the full news release from Credit Union Central of Canada for more details.